My oldest child was born 11 years ago today. Technically, his birthday is October, 30. But, he was born in a small private hospital in Hong Kong and it was October 29th here in the States. In many ways, it seems like he can't possibly be eleven. In other ways, it feels right that I've known him that long. Sometimes he is a complete mystery to me and other times I completely understand where he's coming from. As he begins to navigate this often confusing life, I pray that God will give me the wisdom to parent him well. When I look at him, I am overwhelmed with the responsibility that God has entrusted me with. Z belongs to God. He is mine to raise, but he belongs to God. I want him to know that we love him unconditionally. I want him to always have a safe place to fall. I want him to be everything he was created to be. And I want him to love God with all of his heart. Everyone that knows Z, knows that he is an incredible guy. He has a tender heart and a brave spirit. He has a strong sense of justice and an even bigger conscience. He is a leader among his brothers and the humor around our kitchen table. As I reflect on his incredible life, I am grateful to know him. He will make the world a better place. He will achieve great things and I will always be his biggest fan. Happy Birthday, Z!
No comments:
Post a Comment