My awesome friend Kerri drove from Chicago to see me and help be a runner for the Amy Grant "Pieces of our Lives" event in St. Louis. Kerri and I have been lifelong fans of Amy and basically grew up with her music. Which doesn't really make sense since she actually looks younger than us. :) And, by the way...can you tell from the picture who her biggest stalker is??? just kidding, Kerri!
Our day consisted of running after food, coffee, guitar center stuff, hotel pick-ups, driving through the ghetto, helping to set up the event, and grabbing pizza for Amy. We laughed harder than we've ever laughed. We named my friend Sherry's Garmin a very bad name since we were pretty sure she was misdirecting us on purpose. We got completely lost in the city. One of the driving mishaps happened while Kerri was bringing Amy from the hotel. She did a little extra driving, but I still maintain she did that one on purpose. :)
The production company, artist, band, and crew were incredible. We felt like part of their "family" from the start. We made new "friends" and built new memories. What a gift to spend the day with such amazingly real people that obviously have a burden for kids around the world. All in all, a great experience.
But, my favorite part of the experience was being able to spend an entire day with someone that means so much to me. In my life, Kerri is "The Real Deal". She has been my friend for years. We have raised kids together, laughed together, and cried together. We've survived many tests of friendship and I can't imagine my life without her. She knows the real me....the one I often hide from the world. We know each others moods and we know all the stories and secrets. This experience was just one more chapter to add to the book of our friendship. I can't wait for the many more exciting stories that we'll add. I thank God for her and her place in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment