I have a new favorite quote. I say it to myself at least twenty times a day. My dear friend, Tanya, is currently on this journey of adoption. Recently, they brought their son home to his "forever home" and she is a complete inspiration to me. When I expressed the fact that we are crazy to pursue adoption with four kids etc...she replied with, "Crazy is what love does". This has become my mantra for more than just the adoption. It has become my mantra for parenting. With Christ at the center of my home, there are many things that might not make sense to the rest of the world. But, the things we do for love don't always make sense. I know that all of you reading this have done some pretty outrageous things for love. I think that letting go of our selfish nature enough to truly love someone is pretty amazing. So, how crazy are you willing to be for love? God was willing to let go of His only son, send him off to a dirty, volatile world and watch him hold our wretched sins while dying a violent death. How happy are you that you don't have to go that "crazy"? (ok, enough preaching! ) :)
One of the awesome aspects of this journey is very similar to what we experienced when we moved to Hong Kong just one year into our marriage. It actually got to the point where Hubby and I started joking about the things we needed...because God was anticipating every need before we knew it was there. We started talking about finding an apartment (unseen) and a missionary couple sent us an email about renting out their apt. since they were moving back to the States. It turned out to be a great flat in a great location. We started talking about furnishing the place and we got another email that the same missionary couple was leaving behind ALL of their stuff for us. REALLY? OK. Blessing accepted! hmmm, anyone think we need a cherry red porshe to drive around the city? just kidding. We made very little money over there. But, the experience was rich and unbelievably, we paid off all of our school loans while living there on a meager salary. So, I have seen over and over again how God provides. This week, I have been fighting with insurance and hospitals over bills from Z's accident and B's fall at school. We had about $600 in responsibility and it was looking like we were going to have to pay it. Yesterday, I listened with my jaw on the floor as God wiped out our responsibility for these bills. I'm pretty sure an angel was on the other line. I hope she didn't think I was slow. I was struggling to wrap my mind around the conversation as our portion was evaporating in front of my face. You can bet that my face hit the floor and I thanked God for his provision. I believe that he will pave the way for the things he calls us to do. So, I probably should have put a disclaimer at the beginning of this post that it was kind of preachy. I think I used God as many times in this post as it appears in the Bible. :) But, my heart is filled with thanksgiving and I have to let it out.
(Luke 19:39-40)"Some Pharisees from the crowd told him, "Teacher, get your disciples under control!"
But he said, "If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise." (Luke 19:39-40)
No comments:
Post a Comment