background

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Brithday

Yes.  I know I spelled it incorrectly.  But, this is how all of the kids spelled "birthday" on their homemade cards to me.  Since Z spelled it like that, I can only assume that he gave out spelling assistance to his three younger brothers.  :)  The thing that I find most precious about this is that they relied on each other.  Once again, I am reminded of how fortunate I am to have such wonderful kids.  *disclaimer:  They do not always get along.  Sometimes there is name-calling, pushing, etc...Sometimes we have to separate them to opposite sides of the ring and all that.  But, as they go through life, it is my prayer that they remain close and always lean on each other through the good, bad, and ugly that life throws at them.
It was a fabulous birthday.  One of the best I've had in a long time.  I didn't stress about the age thing.  I'm feeling young, even though the wrinkles on my face tell another story.  Several wonderful friends met me for lunch.  My dear friend, Kara, put together a lunch date.  I know they would have thought I was a freak.  But in the middle of it, I felt like crying.  The first birthday I had in this new location was a very lonely one.  I hadn't connected with anyone.  We hadn't found Metro yet.  I remember praying to God for friends and really having to trust Him that he would deliver.  Here I am three years later, and I can see how He was so faithful.  Yesterday was a reminder even through the wonderful facebook birthday wishes that God has blessed my life and brought so many amazing people into it.
My husband surprised me with an evening out.  Kara and Joel babysat our kids.  I fear it may have scared them from ever having more kids.  :)  No, that's not true, but one of my children had his own glade scent spraying from his butt all night and I know they were more than a little concerned that their child would morph into a smelly boy at some point.  We went out to eat and enjoyed some relaxing conversation.  Wow!  What a difference it makes when you have a conversation with one person instead of five at a time.  We covered a lot of topics.  I felt like we had some real quality time together.  He bought me a crazy am/fm/cd/ipod -ish radio for under my kitchen cabinet.  I have been secretly (and for honesty's sake, not so secretly) hoping for one of these.  I am a closet talk radio geek.  But, more specifically, I listen to BOTT radio all day.  I gave up tv a long time ago.  Never enough time to watch anything and if I happen to be folding laundry, Drew is right there with me.  And my idea of a good show and his idea of a good show don't exactly line up.  So, I listen to sermons, and inspirational stuff all day.  However, I often will switch my radio over to Y98 throughout the day to dance along to some Katy Perry, Gaga, etc...
So, that was the day in a nutshell.  I got cards, cake, and lots of hugs.  Hubby gave me kisses and the boys all pretended to be grossed out.  They all swore never to kiss a girl until they get married.  Oh, except for D-Dog.  (always marching to his own drum...) He said, he would only kiss a girl if he really loved her.  Something tells me the teenage years around here are going to be a blast.
Have a great day.  And in the middle of the flight of the bumblebees, remember these words from Jesus:
Cast your cares on the LORD
       and he will sustain you;
       he will never let the righteous fall (Psalm 55:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment