We all pursue something. For some, it is money, relationships, or acceptance. I know that I fight a daily battle with the opportunities vying for my attention and focus. I want to be a great wife, and a great mom. I want to serve and love and all of that stuff. But, is there a bigger purpose I should be chasing after? This has been a question eating away at my heart for a very long time. But, it seems so counter-cultural. I have a fantastic life. I could coast a bit. My kids are healthy and brilliant. (ok, at least I think so) Why would I try to change anything?
But, my mind keeps returning to the fact that this life is so temporal. We only have a very short time to "be jesus" to those that don't know Him. After all...Jesus didn't choose comfort. He chose the ultimate pursuit. Knowing that we were lost and orphaned in a world of sin, He pursued us from the cross. God gave us a hope and a future. (jeremiah 29:11) So, it is with this in mind, that our "Pursuit" begins. I write this with shaking fingers, because I don't have a clue what this means. All I know is that God has never failed us. On October 17, 2010, while standing in church and singing, God moved my heart and The hubby's heart at the same time. When we got in the car and started driving, Hubby shared with me that he knew God was calling us to adopt. It was the same moment that God moved me to tears about the same topic. I have prayed for unity in this decision and I believe we have it. So...let the journey begin.
I am so excited for you guys!!! I know you have a wonderful heart and whatever you decide to do with God it will be accomplished! I will be praying for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was from me... Holly
ReplyDeleteAnd we knew this moment would come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! I missed the moments by just a few hours. Should have went to church with you. Well....maybe not. Yes! I affirm. This is for you.
ReplyDeleteI am so thrilled for you!
ReplyDelete