The other night, hubby and I were feeling especially heavy hearted about little ones without families. You see, we actually have a couple of options before us on this journey of redemption. Both are tugging equally at our hearts. Either story would consume our time, love, and energy. As we wait on the Lord to speak his plan into our hearts, we are prayerful and humbled. One evening this week, hubby and I were especially broken. When he got home from work late, we sat together and prayed over these small children. God loves them so much. He has amazing plans for their lives. In a way, you could say we "put the fleece out". Just like the story of Gideon, we prayed and asked God to make himself clear to us. We put before him our China adoption and the other situation that has presented itself. We asked God to show us which path he wanted us to walk down. It was such a great time of prayer. I felt so connected to my husband and so connected to our Father. We are very careful not to test God. We know that faith means walking forward when you don't have all of the answers. But, we earnestly wanted God to show us how to move forward.
The next day, I got some INCREDIBLE news about our Homestudy. We're still waiting on the birth record issue with hubby. But, we will have an answer by next week on that one too. But, something happened with the other opportunity as well and my heart was once again on this story. When hubby got home last night, I told him all that had transpired. Then came the next statement. "ummmmmmm, what if God asks us to do both?" I will say that for that to happen, God will have to park at least a 10 passenger van outside my house.
I could hear the words..."to whom much is given, much is expected."
What would that look like? My parents would flip! :) I'm not saying it will happen. We're praying for God's will in it.
Can you imagine, though? Loud dinner times, forever cooking, never-ending laundry, all of those people to bathe. No one would ever invite us over again. We'd be the ones with the messy hair, the messy house, the messy car. I already feel like it is a struggle to get things done around here. My desire to present the picture that we've got it all together would be futile. Everyone would see us as a MESS! But, would they see Jesus in us? Because at the end of the day, that is all that matters.
He knows what you need and when you need it. It would be scary without Him in it. Praying God's will for your loves. I am having fun watching it unfold!
ReplyDelete