I fell in love with my kids all over again yesterday. Christmas was wonderful! My favorite part of the morning was watching them unwrap presents they had lovingly chosen for each other. It truly is more blessed to give than receive. As each boy announced the gift they were about to open was from D-Dog, D would loudly proclaim, "YOU ARE TOTALLY WELCOME! You're gonna love it!" Never mind that it cost a dollar at Dollar General. Children really do have such an advantage over us sometimes. It was so much fun as a mom to sit back and just enjoy each thing about my children. I loved watching the sweet way that Z would smile and go overboard thanking everyone. I laughed at D-Dog announcing each present with the toy microphone he got. I saw my sweet little B holding his new stuffed animal with such care and pride. And I saw the spark in Noodle's eye as he opened his ripstick. "I WILL CONQUER THIS!" was written on his face. And by evening...he had conquered it! :)
I sat back and enjoyed each child. I thought about what a crazy year it has been for them. I thought about how Christmas isn't about going into debt to buy the latest and greatest techno gadget. It is about love. It is about Jesus and it is about giving of yourself.
The wrapping paper and empty boxes have been hauled away by the garbage company. The bullets from the nerf war are stuck all over my house. And I am one of the most fortunate women on the face of the Earth.
I hope you were able to sit back and reflect on how much God adores you this Christmas. In the same way that I sat back and enjoyed each one of my children, He watches over us with even more love and affection. My goal during the next year is to try and show that kind of love to everyone around me. :)
beautiful. :) i totally agree!
ReplyDeleteYou have such a blessedly beautiful family, and that is a gift. The great thing about you (one of eight million great things) is that you fully acknowledge your blessings over and over again. That makes for humility and openness to God's leading and God's will (which as you know is a tad painful once in a while). I love you. You should have been in my house at Christmas. I mostly just yelled at everyone all day because things were such a mess. Not true. Okay, true.
ReplyDelete