background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Chasing Squirrels...

My dog ran away again today.  He has managed to take the shock three out of the last four days in order to go after a random squirrel in the yard.  Why does he do this?  Is he stupid?  Incredibly tough? Does he like being shocked? Every time I see an oversized rat running through our backyard, I know Toby will take the challenge.  At this point, I would think he might have learned that squirrels are faster.  To date, he's chased hundreds and caught zero.  Give up already!
I chase squirrels.  I mean, not the fluffy tail kind.  I chase the commitment  squirrels.  If you could see me in the backyard of my life, you'd see me constantly out of breath and constantly running after things I'll never catch.  And you'll probably see me chasing after some things that I will catch.
Laundry...It will really never be "caught up"
Ironing...(see laundry)
Cleaning my house...(see laundry and ironing)
Adoption (Big, elusive squirrel!)
Jesus
PTO
Photography
Editing
Pre-school co-op
Taking kids to practices
Cooking
Facebook
Blogging
School holiday parties (I hate you, holiday parties!)
Toby- the runaway dog that i'd love to get rid of but can't because it will traumatize my children.
FRIENDSHIPS
Church responsibilities
My husband (and not in the boom chica wow wow way...more like the "are you home this week???"way)
Christmas shopping...STRESSFUL!!!!!!!
Christmas cookies
Helping my children with their homework
and on and on and on and on!
Do you ever feel like you are spread so thin doing so many things that you're not really doing anything well?  I'm afraid I have that feeling right now.  But, how do you simplify?  No, really!  How do you simplify?
I can't drop the hubby or the kids.  They have to eat and I have to clean up.  I'm halfway up the tree with the adoption, so looks like I can't drop that.  Photography is my outlet, so I'll keep that.   And, Jesus...I can't stop chasing after something that chased so hard after me.  I will always chase after you!
So, sorry Christmas and friends.  You do not make the cut. :)  I guess I don't really mean that.  But, I am going to hermit down a bit.  If I don't stop chasing some squirrels, I'm gonna lose my mind.  So, if you call me in the next few days and I don't answer, I'm either out chasing squirrels, or I've wised up and gone inside to hide under a blanket.  Either way...I'll call you back as soon as I'm able....just keep shaking your tail!

No comments:

Post a Comment