background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The day I thought would never come

Ok, friends...I have some VERY exciting news to share!  In about five hours, a social worker will appear at my door to collect a mountain of paperwork, lots of our dollars, and complete our home inspection.  This is a day that has been a long time coming.  If you remember, it was originally scheduled for five days after our tornado.  That was five months ago.  Five months is what it has taken to rebuild our lives and move back in.  When we started this journey, I never could have imagined that we'd experience such a set-back.  Someday I might understand the timing of all of this...or maybe I just won't care after it all plays out.  Speaking of timing...as we were hanging out on the lake last night with Hubby's family, B took a direct hit to the face with a water gun.  NICE.  My first thought...is B okay?  My second thought...this will be great for our homestudy visit tomorrow! :)  But, thanks to some skin glue and my bro-in-law, the surgeon...we skipped stitches.  Poor guy!  He wowed everyone with his bravery!!

1 comment:

  1. Jill--that's so exciting!!! I'll be thinking of you today. Trust me, there is a reason for the set back...it might just be so that you get God's best baby for you :)

    ReplyDelete