background

Friday, August 12, 2011

That's life!

I will just tell you that in this moment, I am experiencing pure bliss!  I am completely sleep deprived after three of our children needed me throughout the night because of bad dreams.  Hey...at least they grouped it and didn't spread it out over three nights. :) 

I am sipping a warm cup of Trader Joe's chai in my new study.  The windows are open and a beautiful crisp breeze is blowing in.  I am wrapped in an afghan that my mother lovingly crocheted.  My kids are happy and healthy.  My husband is gainfully employed.  And we are off to a good start with our wacky schedule. 

Our house feels fantastic thanks to a whole house attic fan...that ironically sounds just like a tornado when it is running...no lie!  We ran it last night and I still turned on my noisy little white fan to cover the sound of it.  Hubby said, "why don't you turn that crazy loud thing off..."  My reply:  "ummmm, because I hate the sound of our house fan.  It sounds like a flippin' tornado, it freaks me out, and I don't want to listen to it."  His reply:  (silence).  Right?  Because what can you really say in response to that? 

Hubby has worked until 10pm the last two nights.  He has a lot of work to do. So, that has left me in charge of getting four kiddos ready for school (oh yeah, kids....let's catch up on math.) And since we haven't done one math worksheet the entire summer, let's do twelve practice sheets a day...K?  alright!  My calendar is so full already it is ridiculous.  I have a child in Scouts, Two kids in soccer and one in football.  And none of them practice at the same time.  :)

We went shopping yesterday and baby D picked out this hat.  I couldn't refuse.  He looks so adorable!


Well, I have to get my butt in gear today.  I have 12 (no lie) loads of laundry to fold.  Yes, they are wrinkled...don't judge!  I have to pass an emissions test with my jalopy van, pay way too much money for a tiny sticker that goes on my license plate,  plan a party for tomorrow, clean up the house...and, oh yes, get in three months of math review today.  The dog just woke up my youngest...so it is go time.  But hey...that's life. :)  And I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!  Hope you all have a blissful day!  Thanks for reading.
jill

3 comments:

  1. It must be the day for it because I feel like if you get in my way today, I'll run ya down!! Go Jill Go. I'm thanking God for the energy this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat! Tell D-man, Uncle Boom says he looks stylish and cool! Nana just told me about the party...sounds fun. Hope you all have a great time.
    We love you all!

    -Boom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are happy. Wrinkled laundry is no biggie. Math is. Yuk. I don't miss those days!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete