background
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...
Today I held my two year old niece through a movie at the theater. I was completely distracted! She slept through almost the entire thing on my lap. As I looked down at her, I soaked up her girly-ness. She is so different from my boys. She loves painted fingernails, jewelry, dresses, and dolls. As she melted into a pool of toddler style sleep, I studied her. I noticed her adorable pink sandals, and her pink and white "B" (blanket). I saw her sweat drenched long hair splayed out across my arm. And I couldn't help but think...dream...hope. What will my daughter look like? Will she trust me enough to fall asleep in my arms? How long will it take to meet her? Will I be a good mom to a girl. I love my boys more than life itself. But, I am excited to experience something new and different with a daughter. I just wish I didn't have to experience a year-and-a-half of "expectation" to get to her. Right now, the reality of her is still many months away. But, the dream of her is stored safely...right next to my heart. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment