background

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, D-Dog!!!

Five years ago today, I could have never imagined how this guy would change my life.  First of all, we were finished with our family after three boys.  We had a lovely discussion just a month before I got pregnant about how content we were with our sweet family.  Back in those days, we were living in a small 960 sq ft house in S. Wisconsin and our home felt pretty full.  Three kids seemed like a lot.  So, you can imagine how shocked we were to find out that we were six weeks pregnant with baby number four.  In the moments of my life where I want to take control, I need to remember this beautiful gift from God.  I need to remember that God really does see a bigger picture and that I need to trust him.  D-Dog makes me smile.  He is my little conversationalist.  He is strong, fearless, and competitive.  His idea of a good time is taking his bike around the skate park and nearly "eating it" several times.  I'm nervous when I see his adrenaline kick in. :)  D-Dog is so different from me.  He is level-headed and he knows what he wants.  He hangs with the big boys during the day, but he sucks his thumb and holds his blankie at night.  Maybe because of his young age, or maybe because of his personality, he really handled the tornado well.  He talks about it, but it doesn't scare him.  I want to be like D-Dog!  I can't wait to see the plans God has for him.  I know he is here for a purpose and I am beyond grateful that I get to be part of his story.  I have no doubt that he will give me gray hair.  And I'm pretty sure he will keep me on my toes.  Birthday requests for this year were a disco ball and a motorcycle.  hmmmm.  Happy Birthday, D-Dog.  I hope you always know how much you are treasured.  I hope I always allow you to be the guy that you were created to be and that I never hold you back with my own fears.  You will do amazing things with your life.  And I get to watch it unfold.  How blessed am I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment