Am I the only one NOT looking forward to the kids going back to school? I feel like this summer has gone by way too quickly. Moving back into the house and the surgery took up most of our summer. We finally went after school supplies yesterday because we start school in just over a week. (and my husband woke me up to that reality and drug me out to
hellmart, Walmart.) In a few days, the kids will hop on the bus for the first time here since February 25...the Friday before the tornado. I'll be honest. I'm not excited about letting them all out of my sight every day. I am a bit of a control freak...I'm working on that. :) But I know I'll miss them. I'll miss the way they interact with each other and I'll miss all of the silly things we laugh about during the day. I'll miss the lazy mornings in pajamas and the late night talks. I'll miss the laid back feel of summer. I'll miss my buddies. They all have such unique personalities. I know I'll still have those moments throughout the school year. But it will be rushed. It will be different. I'm afraid I'm going to start talking to the dog like a crazy person. I know...D is only in preschool. I'll have him in the mornings to myself. That will be wonderful. I think the thing that bothers me the most about the start of school, though, is the reminder that things change. I have a child in middle school this year! How did
that happen? No, seriously...don't answer that. I know how it happened. :) Anyway...as summer draws to a close, and I am forced to adopt some sort of routine...be patient with me. It has been a very tough year. And I'm treasuring my children more than ever before. It was only five and a half months ago that I was on my back getting beat up by wind and drywall begging God not to take my babies. You don't go through something like that without changing. So, if I'm forgetful, or a little "off" give me a small break as I learn to loosen my grip on my kiddos. I'm still working through the madness of 2011.
Change happens -- even when we wish we could stop the clock! One day, when the dog is looking like a good conversationalist, give me a call and we'll do grown up coffee :-) I'm putting all 3 on the bus for the first time.
ReplyDelete