background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tired and Weary

I have an exhaustion that reaches to my bones.  I feel it in my heart and I feel it in my soul.  When supportive people say, "How are you doing?"  My response is, "good."  But that is a lie.  I detest whining.  I have always been a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" kind of girl.  But I don't even know where my bootstraps are.  They could be in a tree behind my house for all I know.  I am in a nice neighborhood with lovely neighbors right now, but i just want to hermit down and hide inside.  My four wonderful children survived a tornado.  So, when I get frustrated because they are jumping on my last nerve, I feel guilty. They have so much baggage right now.  They are all struggling.  But, I don't know if I have the strength to help them.  We are in a nice temporary home.  I should be grateful.  But, I just want to go to my home....the home before the tornado.  I want my boring life back.  I want to be overwhelmed by laundry, not a broken home and devastated children.  My kids sleep with me.  So, I haven't had good sleep.  Someone asked me if I've had any nightmares since the event.  Nope...I can never get deep enough into sleep to even dream.  And the husband that was rarely home because of work before, is here even less now.  He is stressed and tired and frustrated.  I feel like crying, but I'm sick of crying.  I know God has purpose in pain.  But, I want to hit the pause button.  I need a break from pain.  I'm tired.  I'm weary.  And I know I'm not the only one.  I know everyone has their own pain.  So, instead of wallowing in my own sadness, I'll pray for all of us.  I'll pray that God gives us the strength to just keep breathing...just keep trusting...just keep walking forward.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Jill. That is a very moving blog. Just so you know, if you need anything, anything at all, do not hesitate to call me. I wish you the best of luck in everything and know that you are in my prayers. You are a very strong woman and I believe in you. Through Christ you can do anything. Just remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts reading this. I know I'm far and can't offer much, but my prayers are with you and your family. Sending lots of love... Vee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there-
    For some reason, up until today, I had not entered into your blog world. I always facebook stalk you so I had some idea of your pursuit of adoption and of course what happened a couple of weeks ago. But today I just read your entire blog b/c I didn't want to miss anything. :) I'm so thrilled about this adoption process for you...even though I'm sure it's less than thrilling for you at times. Waiting for my own little miracle daughter to arrive has been pretty crazy. And I totally get your "pink" craving. I don't know what happened to the pink paint you purchased a few weeks ago, or what even happened to the room you were planning on painting; but I'm praying and believing God to restore that.
    I was also remembering my own moment on the cusp of eternity when we were trapped under our rented convertible, struggling to take air into my lungs, and feeling a sense of peace like I've never known. And thinking random thoughts like, "I want a baby", "I wonder if insurance will cover this car", "I'm too busy to be paralyzed", "Well, this vacation sucks!", "I can't believe I'm going to die in this stupid cornfield".
    It's a crazy journey God is taking your family on. Others seem to have it so easy-- at least what we can see. And then there are the faithful obedient ones who break their necks, or have their homes destroyed by stupid tornadoes.
    Jill, I'm so thankful God held a measure of protection over you and your precious family. I will continue to pray for your protection, your journey, your pursuit of your baby girl, and God's pursuit of you- HIS beloved daughter. There will come a day when you will finally be able to breathe deeply of His peace; when your boys return to their own safe beds; when you will have light-hearted chats w/ your husband; and when you will sleep deeply. I pray those days will come sooner rather than later.
    So much love and prayers for you all~ Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh jill... my heart aches to hear how frustrated you are, knowing that it may not come to an easily attainable end. you are entitled to a day to yourself, don't deny yourself that, but i'm sure it can't be easy to find comfort and peace in a home that's not your own and can't provide that for you. i guess the only thing i can offer is to remind you how quickly time passes us by... this is just a season of turmoil you are in that should soon pass and by the grace of god, give you your old boring life back! hang in there!
    katie p.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i forgot something i wanted to say... in helping you move last week, i remember coming home and telling my husband how amazing you were. when i came back to get my vacuum, i remember seeing you on the floor playing with ben and the babies of other friends that were helping you and thinking... WOW!!! after a full day of moving and watching all these other people, some more familiar than others, touch all your stuff... you were able to focus on what's most important... relationships. enjoying the little people around you... rather than how i would have pictured myself... running around trying to make sure everything was where it should be. it's the little things, the special moments like those that will come, day by day, and will get you through! jesus bless you and keep you jill!!!
    katie p.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After getting to know you thru FB and this blog I must admit that I am sorry that I didn't get to know you better when you were at Wesley. You are amazing. Add me to the list of all the wonderful friends you have that are praying for you! ~Jane T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly AMAZING Jill! I know God is sustaining your family through these dark times and I will keep praying for Him to give you the strength you need. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My amazing, beautiful, hilarious, down to earth, faithful & humble friend....You, even in the midst of a tornado are one of the most gracious people I have ever met. You have made me strive to be a better wife, a better mommy, a better friend...and most importantly, a better chid of God. I can't possibly to pretend to know God's plan, I just hold onto the fact that he does, indeed, have one.

    I want to do so much for you guys, but I know your overwhelmed with "what can I do's" and "Can I help you's", therefore, I want you to know..I've taken a short step back. I know you guys are busy beyond belief, and emotionally & physically weary! I just wish I could do more, and take on some of the burden that you are experiencing!

    I miss you beyond words! Benny is the 'Fruit to Anna's loop', she is completely lost without him! I am lost without you! You know that I am literally a phone call away, Jill. Whatever you need, I am so there! No chore, no baked item, no favor is too large! On that day when you guys just want to lay on the couch and not move, let me make you dinner and bring a movie over! :) I love you! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete