background

Friday, July 8, 2011

Take every 4 hours...as needed

Yep.  That is what my life has become over the past two days...  I'm living life four hours at a time.  All I can say is thank you , Jesus, for pain meds.  Surgery went great.  Hope to get good news soon that it is benign.  I don't remember anything after the anesthesiologist put a "cocktail" in my IV.  My next memory was of asking the recovery nurse how long I'd been there.  I guess the tumor was pretty big, but it wasn't very difficult to remove.  My incision starts in front of my earlobe and extends down my neck just a bit.  I am very swollen today on that side and starting to bruise.  From the front, you can see that my side sticks out freakishly.  I've now taken to calling myself "Gil" since I appear to have fish gills. :)  I've been a lazy bum.  I've slept a lot.  My mom has been a rockstar!  She's been cooking and cleaning and shopping for me.  She's even ignited the passion for cooking in Noodle.  He made her buy him his own oven mitt and begged for a cookbook of his own.  So cute!  Hubby hooked up a tv in our room so I could watch episodes of Glee when I'm awake.  Yay, Hubbs!  Other than that, my life is all about pain meds and sleep.  I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all of the prayers.  I have felt them.  Because of your prayers, I slept the night before surgery, went into it confident and unafraid, had a successful surgery with no nerve damage, and have had lots of love in recovery.  I am looking forward to a more boring and normal second half of 2011.  Thanks for hanging with me and for loving me through all this drama! :)  It is now 10 minutes til vicodin....and hopefully more sleep.  night all.
Love, Gil

3 comments:

  1. The second half of the year is where all the fun begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Gil I am so glad you are doing great. I did a happy dance when your mom texted the news. Yup a dance straight off of Glee. I am awesome like that. I am more like Dory from Finding Nemo... I forget crap as soon as I say it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rockstar momma deserved a big hug! I attacked her outside! ;) I'm sad your in so much pain my sweet friend!! I am so happy it went so well. You let them take care of you, you need that right now. Rest and relax and enjoy raunchy lifetime movies! ;) i have some books and mags, if you want me to run a basket over. When your ready for a Dt Coke, lemme know! I'd suggest a lounge chair on my deck with a glass of moscato, but you might actually start acting like Gil instead of just looking like one! ;) Ahhhhhh... Another time! Get well sweets! Love you! If you want me to take the boys with me Monday morning to camp, let me know..... I don't mind being surrogate momma for you! Hugs & much love!

    ReplyDelete