background

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

14 years of marriage and counting...


If I had written an ad for what the past fourteen years would end up looking like..it would read like this:
SWF looking for SWM.  Must love Jesus.  Must be willing to have (and support) four children...with an International adoption (or two...just sayin') to follow.  Must be willing to adapt to my many mood swings.  Must listen to my very long stories.  Must love spending time with my parents.  Must enjoy chick flicks and chocolate. (or at least put up with them).  Must follow along on all of my whims...I want to be a teacher, no, a photographer, no, a baker, no, a social worker.  Must support me in being a stay at home mom to our five thousand kids.  Must be willing and able to carry entire family through a horrific tornado, displacement and pay for the kids' therapy.  Must stand by my side during surgery and love me even though I start to resemble Scarface.  Must give up practically all of your "me time" to support and love your family and never regret a single thing on the list.  And through all of this, must love me unconditionally and fall asleep every night holding my hand and telling me you love me...and that you love our life together.

Had this ad been posted, there is only one man crazy and amazing enough to reply...and stick.  Hubby, I don't know how you have the energy, strength, and resolve to love us the way you do, but you have given me an amazing life.  I have security that you'll always be faithful.  I have your love for life.  And I  know that no matter what lies ahead in the next fourteen years...Lord willing...we'll walk it together.  I love you more than you'll ever know.  Happy 14th Anniversary!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple!! May God continue to bless you both as you walk this life together! Love you both and the by-product of this union, four terrific boys. You all light up my life constantly and I thank God everyday for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, Hear....
    Beautifully said! Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids!

    -Boom

    ReplyDelete