background

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eat your heart out, Letterman!

My Craptastic top ten:

10.  I stepped on the scale recently and realized that I've gained what I now refer to as the "Tornado Ten".  My good friend reminded me that I'm just lucky it isn't the tornado 20...YET!

9.  I went to McDonald's the other day and knew exactly what my contractor drinks, but couldn't, for the life of me, remember what my husband drinks.  Don't feel too bad for Hubby.  He got a pretty interesting dance routine this morning while he was trying to brush his teeth.;)  (fully dressed...come on, people!)

8.  Yesterday, my friend, Brandy, took me in her truck to go after my hardwood flooring.  We cracked about four hundred jokes about "wood"  Especially when my flooring guy asked her how soon she wanted some wood.  bahahaha!

7.  My four year old has been so bored and neglected during the last two months that he gave up on me and taught himself to ride a two-wheeled bike this morning. no lie!

6.  My kids can tell you what hurricane straps are.

5.  I got a bill from the public library for $453.

4.  Despite my argument to the contrary, a "complex repair of a laceration" is considered a surgical procedure.  Therefore, my insurance is making me pay toward my deductible.  And, I am actually paying by the cm.  If I had known that, I would have demanded a better haircut from my "Surgeon".

3.  I've been to Lowe's more often than I've been to the grocery store.

2.  McDonald's diet dr pepper has become my daily vice.  I've become so embarrassed about my daily drive-thru habit that I've started wearing D-Dog's dress up hats.  Yes!  It is perfectly plausible that a pirate would live in town and need a diet dr. pepper!

And the number one reason you know you've been hit by a tornado is:
The adoption is indefinitely on hold.  A marriage that has no time for date nights and kids in therapy...never mind the fact that we don't even live in our own home, kind of puts us out of the "ideal adoptive family" category.  It was our choice.  We felt like China was rushing us to meet their deadlines and we don't want to be rushed.  Adopting is a serious thing.  And we are open to the idea that God might not want us to travel to China.  He might have a child for our family to love on that is born here in the States.  We don't mind waiting on his timing.

Much love to my amazing friends and family.  As you can see, life has been anything but "normal."  But, I am thankful to have a sense of humor and people that will help me laugh at myself.  I am thankful for a husband that will reach over and hug me tight in the middle of his exhaustion.  I am thankful for kids that are so much fun to be with.  They are amazingly brave and funny people.  And I am thankful that I've never had back trouble.  Because I've slept on five different beds, on the floor and sitting straight up over the past few weeks.  And I'm thankful for chocolate...and of course, diet dr. pepper!....and pirate hats...ok.  that's it.  Have a great day, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Good to laugh about these things sometimes.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! And i bet you look great in a pirate hat!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! I love you! Well, you and I both on the McDonalds drinks. I am actually starting to get a complex by the people I see pulling out of the drive through or in. I am wondering if they think I am really eating ALL THE TIME. HA! Sweet T, baby! Addictive & oh sooooo yummy!

    PS; I did a similar dance tonight in my kitchen. It caused blue juice to come from my son's nose! I love it when that happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you are still laughing! I am curious...how do you get a 453 dollar bill at the library?? ;) that must have been one good oprah book club book!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I not know McDonald's has Diet Dr. Pepper. You are so wise! I am off to get one today! What did you get at the library??? Do they serve pop? Oh, and I think a pirate hat is a great idea... did you see Princess Eugenie and Beatrice at the wedding....they would have been better served with a pirated hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you dearest Jill! Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The $453 bill was from books that are either stuffed in pods in no organizational order (From a VERY quick post tornado clean up) or from books that were ruined during the tornado, or lost. :)

    ReplyDelete