background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Paperwork and Pregnancy

Wow!  There is a lot of paperwork with adoption.  I don't know if I've ever thought this much about the state of our affairs.  :)  We have almost completed the large packet of information required by the State to adopt.  The next move will be immigration, while we're finishing our dossier.  Then...and by then, I mean a few months from now...we'll wait for our match.  Exciting times, no doubt.  This "pregnancy" feels very similar to the other pregnancies I've had.  Strangely, I'm gaining weight.  But, I'll blame that on the Holidays and my mom's homemade peanut clusters.
I've already started nesting.  You can call it preparing for the homestudy, but I call it nesting.  All of a sudden, I feel like painting something PINK!  I'm in the mood to remodel. :)  But, the money is all flowing down the river of adoption...so, no remodeling.  I find myself more cognizant of how our family will change.  I've been trying especially hard lately to invest in each child even more than before.  I want to somehow assure them that while things will change, my love for them will not.  Maybe I'm just trying to connect even tighter to them so I can tell if any part of this process is negatively affecting them.
But the biggest change I notice is that my mind is so occupied lately.  I can't stop thinking about "her".  Who is this little life that will become intertwined with mine?  Is she already out there somewhere in an orphanage waiting for us to hurry up and get to her?  Obviously, she is not aware of her situation.  She has no clue we are coming.  She doesn't have the benefit of expecting the hope we want to bring her.  But I am aware.  I know that she was formed by God and is loved by God.  I know that He has a plan for her life and I trust that He will equip me to be her mom.  I pray for her everyday.  I pray that God will keep her safe and protect her heart.  I pray that He will provide someone to love her and show her affection.  I pray that as we wade through the swamp of paperwork, that God will be preparing her heart for her new home. 
I have complete faith that God will do this.  After all, it is something He is very familiar with.  He is coming back for us.  He offers us hope!  We have no way to comprehend what is in store for us when we enter eternity with Him.  But, he does.  So, he works...everyday...to prepare our hearts for our new home.  We have no idea when he will return, just like we have no idea when we'll get to hold our daughter.  But, we do know that He is coming.  And we want to be ready.  Are you hopeful?  Or have you been in the "orphanage of life" so long that you've forgotten that there is so much more out there?  Let God restore your hope...and remember that no pregnancy lasts forever!  Soon, I'll have my daughter home.  And soon, we'll be with our Father for eternity.  Until then, I'll pass the time with some more peanut clusters and bigger pants. :)  Wanna join me?

2 comments:

  1. Joining you in prayer for your future daughter and her journey and yours. Thank you for sharing your thoughts so honestly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your prayers, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete