background

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hubby and Botox????

Yesterday I got to find out what a wonderful man my husband really is.  The last item we had to check off our list was a physical and bloodwork for the Hubster and I.  About three seconds after we moved here, I established the boys with a pediatrician (that we LOVE).  And I got myself a doctor for my yearly check-ups.  But, Hubby and I would just run to urgent care if we got sick.  Since we needed to have a pretty thorough exam for the adoption, I called and made an appointment with an MD near our home.  Yesterday was our appointment.  Imagine my husband's surprise when we arrive to find out that she IS indeed a family practice doc, but a large part of her practice is a hot sexy anti-aging clinic.  Oh my!  We were sitting in the exam room together waiting for her and Hubby's eyes were getting bigger by the moment.  Imagine the most chic office you've ever been in with tons of pamphlets about BOTOX, chemical peels, make-up offers etc... Hubby kept looking at me with a look of betrayal.  "I feel like I'm here to get breast implants."  he said.  Our doctor was wonderful.  She was super cute and dressed like a ski bunny.  But, she did a great job.   She was very professional, and most importantly, she stuck with us through all of the adoption paperwork.  I'm not so sure most doctors would have been that amazing.  Needless to say.  I loved her!  I'm going to keep her.  But, Hubby....well, he might just keep looking. :)  We had a pretty good laugh.  And while we were sitting at the hospital waiting for our bloodwork, I commented that it was pretty funny that our dates have been reduced to hanging out in waiting rooms for adoption stuff.  He just smiled.  To let you know how insanely amazing he really is, he woke up not feeling very well.  So, by the time we got home from being poked and prodded, he took his temp and it was 103.  So, while I drug him through every opportunity to get in touch with his feminine side, in the end...he was about as manly as they come.  See, I thought this adoption was about bringing home our child from China.  I had no idea it was going to be about falling in love with  my husband all over again!  And no!  Hubby and I aren't getting Botox.  Sorry peeps.  You'll have to live with our wrinkles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment