background

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Temporary Home

Breakfast

Hubby asked why I didn't clean up before taking the picture.  haha

Sorry, no baking memories here...

yes, the home of a thousand windows.  The kids always watched the skies here.

"This is our temporary home.
It's not where we belong.
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home."
- Carrie Underwood

This is our temporary home.  This is a place of emotional weakness.  The only fond memories I will take from here center around the new friends we've made.  I will not cry when we leave this house.  I have nothing against the structure.  It was a safe place to dwell while our real home was being rebuilt.  But, this is where we showed up traumatized and broken.  This is the place where most nights from the last four months have been filled with anxiety, sleeplessness, and six people huddled in one bed.  I am not naive enough to think that the nights in our other home will be different...but hopefully we'll heal there...eventually.
This is the home where decisions were made and hands were thrown up in the air in frustration.  And this home smells like cat pee. :)
I was thinking last night about the similarities in our earthly situation and our eternal one.  This life is a temporary home.  It is broken and difficult.  But, there is a much more amazing home waiting for me with Christ that will make this life look like trash.  In this eternal life, death is defeated, sorrow is gone, and thank you, Jesus...there are no tornadoes!
If you are like me and you feel broken, let's look forward to this day together.  And let's pray that our permanent home is filled with chocolate and diet dr. pepper!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you girlfriend!! Chocolate and my mini cokes. I don't feel so guilty when I drink on of those.
    What a wonderful reminder of what we have to look forward to.
    See you this weekend to celebrate the new home.
    Love you bunches,
    Your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill- what a great reminder that earth is just temporary! I too hope for chocolate and cokes (and Mexican food)! I'm praying for you guys as you move back into your home! I pray for healing and that memories of tragedy in the house are replaced with new fun memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and Diet Coke for me. So excited for you. Loved this post! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete