background

Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!"

These are the words spoken by Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz".  They certainly apply to me lately.  Thanks in large part to the amazing people in our lives, we were able to get everything out of the pods, back from Service Masters, and moved over from the temp home.  Two days before the move, I spent at least an hour crying.  I told a friend that I wanted to feel that deep burning faith and trust in God.  But I just needed him to show up.  I needed to see Him in a big way.  That might sound silly...kind of like, "I'll trust you God, if you give me a sign."  But it wasn't that corny.  It was more like, "I'm dying of thirst in the desert, God and I need a drink of water! Can you pass me a Dasani?" It is generally my experience that when I am on my face, asking God to show up that he does it in a big way.  It amazed me how quickly everything was moved and organized.  And to top it off, two of the busiest moms I know brought drinks, snacks, fruit, italian chicken and beef sandwiches, chips, etc.......
Once again, it was the faith lift I needed.  God showed up in the people he has blessed us with.  And WOW!  We are blessed!!
A big shout out goes out to my AMAZING brother!  Hubby left yesterday evening and I had several hours of cleaning and unpacking to do.  What does a girl with that kind of stress need?  Glee, of course!  I only had a couple more episodes in season one to watch...but no wireless internet.  After lots of laughs and my brother's insane computer skills, he had me resetting stuff, recreating passwords, and hooking everything up.  That's what brothers do.  They sit by your bed after your face gets hit by your house, and they help you hook up your netflix for wii when you get back home. :)  I love you, Bro!  And I would be completely remiss if I did not include an enormous thank you to our parents!  My mom and dad have been here almost every week faithfully helping us.  And Hubby's mom and dad have been so generous to help watch kids while we move.  And Ken, our contractor...you have more talent and heart than anyone I've ever met.  You, Lonnie and Sean are amazing!!!!!  You made this our home.  :)  Now, you are our family.
Since I am not going to show you the downstairs until it is completely unpacked...I'll whet your appetite with a few before and after pictures.  And I will tell you that it is the most surreal feeling in the world to sit inside your old house that looks NOTHING like your old house.  Except that the habitual glances up at the wall in the kitchen force you to hang the clock there again. :)
Just to prove this is true, Z just walked into the room where I am typing and said, "mom.  it feels really weird to be in this house that feels like our house, but doesn't really feel like our house at all."  Yep...that sums it up.  It doesn't make sense to us either.  So, this may not feel like Kansas, and the munchkins are crazy. Toby is a heck of a lot bigger than Toto, and  I've pulled back the curtain on Oz and he's just a regular insurance company that is taking too long to reimburse.  But, one thing I know for sure..."There's no place like home!"

Master Bedroom

B and D's room
Z and N's room

2 comments: