I made a pan of brownies. I have plans to sit and eat the entire pan while watching old episodes of Glee on Netflix. Why do I love that show? It is entirely inappropriate. I would not watch it in front of my children...or my husband...or Jesus. But, I love the singing and the wacked out teenage drama. It has become an escape for me. So, I wait until my husband goes to sleep and then I settle in to watch and eat. Oh, Hubby knows of my guilty pleasure. He has commented on it a time or two. But, he also knows that most of the time lately I'm about one ounce of stress away from coming completely unhinged.
OK...house update...
It is finished!!!!! except for a few very minor details and a whole lot of Ken's tools in my garage, they are done. We will start moving things into the house tomorrow. If anyone wants to join us in the game called, "Where in the heck is jillian's stuff", give me a call. I'd love to have you. There won't be any brownies left, but I would be happy to supply pizza!
On Tuesday, the furniture from the first floor that was water logged will be returned. At some point in the next few days, we'll move our beds and clothes from the rental and start the transition home. I'm still a little worried about the kids. I looked up post traumatic stress and two of them have every symptom. They have an amazing therapist, though...so I am optimistic. Now that the place is cleaned up (somewhat) I'll go in tomorrow and take pictures. I was going to do it earlier, but our contractor had so many tools and boxes out it was looking a little like an ebay posting. I'll try to get pics up right away so everyone can see them. The house is gorgeous. Ken outdid himself. If anyone in the area is looking for someone to do work in their home, please allow me to give him the highest recommendation. He is a perfectionist. Our home is exhibit A. He can do anything!!!
While we were driving home tonight from the house, I just had Z with me. He started talking about the tornado and the things he remembered from that night. He replayed every vivid detail. He remembers so clearly. He said, "mom, you were hurt so bad...I just remember seeing all this blood everywhere." And then he started to cry. "What were you thinking in that moment," I asked. He looked at me through his tears and said, "I thought you were going to die." To this day, I will never really grasp what my kids have experienced. My heart breaks for the loss of their innocence. Bad things really do happen to good people. They know that. My job as their mom is to teach them these words from John 16:33:
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” God wins...Love wins!
Tonight my heart is full. I am reminded of the wonderful blessings of my husband, children, parents, in-laws, siblings, and friends. And yes, even Toby the dog is on my good list right now.
I am signing off because my brownies have cooled and I have to get my Glee fix quickly and head to bed. Goodnight all!
Wow! You should talk to my wife. I ended up watching a lot of season one (and rightfully so, get picked on by all my friends constantly). Truth be told...I mostly only pay attention when Santana is dancing....not sure why. :)
ReplyDeleteSo, Diet Dr. Pepper with extra corn syrup -- check. Glee -- check. You know, You're starting to steal my fun, mi hermana! "Black sheep" is supposed to be my gig!!!!!!
:)
-Boom