background

Monday, August 6, 2012

50 shades of.......

EXHAUSTED!

Got ya! Seriously...Did you think I'd post a hot and heavy blog when I've got all this adoption stuff going on?

Good day, but very busy.

I keep feeling like I'm forgetting things.

And why is my house so messy?

This crazy ride has been going on for almost 2 years.  Why am I so frazzled?  Shouldn't I have used those two years to prepare?  LOL

I had a great conversation with a couple of adoptive moms.  I was feeling like a major loser for not being farther ahead in my preparations.  Then, one of the moms reminded me that unlike giving birth...where you arrange child care for a couple of days, and go have a baby...

I have to prepare to leave my kids for over two weeks.  I have to anticipate anything they might need in that time.  Celebrate a birthday that we'll miss.  Create legal documents giving temporary guardianship to their caregivers.  Find someone to take care of Toby.  Finish gathering all of our documents.  Pack!  Prepare for a new child here at home.  All while trying to spend quality time with my other four kids.  Keep the flame burning with the hubby.  Show up for all of my other commitments.  Clean.  Cook.  Launder.  And did I mention PACK???????

Oh my!  Thank you for the generous offers to help me out when I admitted my over-whelmed-ness.  Yes...I'm making up new words.

I'm actually doing well.  My heart is averaging 280 beats per minute...but that's normal...right?
Could be the stress...or it could be the constant flow of diet dr pepper!

Either way...two weeks from today, I'll be holding my daughter. :)

And I'll be 50 shades of overjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO flippin excited for you and your family. I had a dream about you last night and have been holding you and baby Esther up in prayer. Can't wait to see your first official family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND in the end... it will all be OH.SO.Worth.It :) Thrilled for you and your family. Such an amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete