background

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A few of my favorite things...

Well, the blog post I've been rolling around in my head this week is super depressing!  I've been consumed with the LONG wait for our final approval for Esther.  I have calculated timelines enough lately to qualify as a mathematician!  And mostly, I just feel like a big whiner!  I've eaten enough chocolate to gain 1,000 lbs and the Margarita mix at the grocery store is looking mighty fine!  So, instead of boring you with another whiny post about how impatient i am, I thought I'd refocus on something a little more wonderful!

My mom told me about a home makeover show she had seen on TV recently.  She said the mom of the house had someone take photos of the features she loved most on her kids.  On an outing to the park (camera in hand, of course!) I grabbed a couple of pics of my kids.  The great part about this crafty little endeavor is that I got to spend a little time thinking about each child individually.  So, without further adieu... Here are a few of my favorite things:

This yummy mouth that pulls up at the corners in a mischievous slant...

The eyes...are you kidding me???? (oh, and the freckles too!)
These cheeks have received over a million kisses from me!  Can't get enough!


I don't know how to describe this one.  I had to capture this entire picture.  There is a quiet wisdom here that always startles me a little.  He's kind of an old soul!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I took pictures like this of mine when they were babies.I can't seem to get enough of baby toes and bellies. ;) But seeing this makes me want to take these with them now. Great idea, my friend! And beautiful boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured "it" beautifully!! So when will the prints come out for purchase? I'm so in love with those features and the boys who have them. This warmed my heart this morning & was pause for much thanksgiving to our precious God who designed each one of them! Thank you God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it too!!! Will you come take pictures of my favorite parts of my kids? Just wonderful... the concept and the photos! We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete