background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Year of the Dragon

Kung Hei Fat Choi!! (Happy Chinese New Year!)  It is officially the year of the dragon.  Will this be the year that we finally get to bring our daughter home?  I sure hope so!  The other day, in the mail, we received our fingerprint appointment date from US immigration.  It is just one small step closer to her.
We had the wonderful opportunity to spend Sunday night celebrating with Hubby's mom and dad, and two other families that are also adopting from China.  We had traditional Chinese dumplings as well as other yummy dishes.  We had some great conversation and laughs.  After everyone left, I was putting the kids to bed.  Storms were rolling through and the thunder banging around had the kids more than nervous.  So, they begged to put all of the mattresses in one room (the one closest to me).  After they were settled in and we were going through our bedtime ritual, we bowed our heads to pray.  We thanked God for the blessings in our lives and for the fun we had with friends.  But, we also paused to remember the three small children waiting in orphanages across China.  They have no idea that there were three families sitting together and dreaming of them that night.  But, God knows.  He tugged on all of our hearts to bring us to the place where we would take this leap and be blessed enough to be part of His story of redemption.
Even though my two friends look beautiful and I look like I was deep fried, I'm including this picture of us.  I made Hubby take this photo because I can't wait to put it next to the one we'll have next Chinese New Year.  Next year, I'm hoping that we have three new little people in the picture with us.  They will be three of the most amazing stories of God's love and our pursuit to follow after Him.

2 comments:

  1. praying they are with you long before then. you look cute as a bug, silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep fried. Right. Exactly the words I would use to describe you. Sheesh. Anyway, CAN HARDLY stand waiting for you to get your hands on that big smooshy Esther sitting over in China totally ignorant of the Winslow love that will soon envelope her. She has no idea what she's in for!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete