background

Monday, January 9, 2012

Boss of your life...

Last night was one of the most exciting nights I've had in a long time.
D-Dog prayed and asked Christ into his heart.  He is the last of our kiddos to do this.  We never believe in pushing them at all.  We teach them about God and wait.  Because we know that we aren't the ones to change hearts...God does that.
Last night, I was washing dishes and D-Dog came up to me out of the blue and was holding his Children's Bible.  He just stood next to me and said nothing.  I asked him if he wanted me to read it to him.  He said, "yes...and let's snuggle."
So, I finished the last dish and we went to the couch to read.  I asked him if there was a particular story he really wanted to hear.  He said that he would choose the story.  He flipped through the book for a while and settled on the story of the crucifixion.  So, I read it to him.  He had so  many questions.  He's been asking for a while.  At the end of every conversation, I always tell him that when he's ready to pray and ask Jesus to be the boss of his life, that daddy and I will pray with him.  In the past, he's always hopped up and skipped off.  This time was different.  He said, "I want to pray that now."  So, Hubby and I talked with him some more to make sure he understood what it meant to give your life to Christ.  D-Dog was firm.  He wanted to pray.  So, daddy led him in a sweet and simple prayer and D-Dog joined an amazing family of believers.  I know that years of growing and learning will follow.  D-Dog will grow in his understanding and faith.  I don't believe in "fire insurance"  So, I'm not just feeling "relived" that he'll be in heaven.  I'm just so grateful that God moved in his heart and gave him the desire to know Christ more.  It was an exciting night.  But, the days to follow will be even more amazing.  I can't wait to see what great things God is able to accomplish in the life of D.  It was also a very cool experience to hear all of D's brothers congratulate him and say sweet things after his prayer.
Can I say it again???  Of course I can....my blog!
I love my kids!!!!!
Happy Monday, everyone!!!  Are you making God the boss of your life today?  :)

2 comments:

  1. God's been the "boss of my life" for years but you know that. What a glorious way to start this new year!It's an answer to my prayers & my heart is bursting!! Of course the prayers continue for all of you and our baby girl too. May God continue to bless the Winslows with the story He is writing on your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful! congrats to him!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete