background

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Z!!



I have had the blessing of being a mom for Twelve years today.  Last night, I had to wish my oldest child a happy "last night of being 11" over the phone since he was on a Scout camping trip.  In fact, I haven't even seen him yet today. :(  Hubby picked him up from the Scout drop-off and they went straight to paint-balling.  So, the other three kiddos and I baked him a cake and Noodle decorated it.  We all made homemade cards.  I helped Noodle create his own mad lib for Z to fill out.  What fun!!!  We wrapped presents and started dinner.  It has been a relaxing afternoon and we are excited about celebrating with our birthday boy.
I guess I'll have to start getting used to Z's busy life.  As he gets older, he gets more involved in activities and with friends.  It is yet another growing pain of watching your children age.  As I reflect over the past twelve years, I am amazed at the fantastic person Z has become.  He was a train wreck of a newborn.  That kid cried all the time.  But, he has grown from this tiny little ball of tears into one of the sweetest parts of my life.  I love his sense of humor.  I love the way his eyes sparkle when he is ready to say something funny.  I love the way he is courageous in the face of danger.  I love the compassion in his heart that makes him such a great friend to others.  I love his confidence.  I love his responsible nature.  I love his creative and artistic side and I love the sense of justice he feels.  I love the way he trusts God and the way he couldn't say a bad word if he wanted to.  I love that he is so mature and I even love him when he's in the middle of teenage angst.  I couldn't have put together a more amazing person if I was given the opportunity to do it myself.  I thank God for the gift of Z.  I can't wait to see what this next year holds for him.  And I am grateful to be here as his biggest fan and cheerleader.
Happy Birthday, Z!!!  I love you like crazy!

1 comment:

  1. 12 years ago I became a Nana, Z you gave me my name and exploded my heart with so much love! Thank you God for this blessing.

    ReplyDelete