Yes! I knew that would grab your attention...and quite possibly turn your own stomach. Yesterday, B was complaining of a stomach ache. He never got sick. He just had some pain in his tummy. Being the anxious mom I am, I started planning for his emergency appendectomy. :) Alas, he is fine. He went to school yesterday and had a great day. Ask him what virus he had yesterday and he will innocently tell you, "Tuesday-itis". 'Cause that's what we named it. However, early in the morning, Z ended up with a stomach ache too. This one was a little more productive. He is now in bed sleeping off the bug. And because I'm a super compassionate mom...my stomach is feeling really rocky now too. Looks like it might be a redbox kind of day.
As usual, I've tied this unfortunate experience to my walk with Christ. And I think that sometimes we need a little diarrhea in our faith walk. YUCK! :)
OK....hang with me for a minute. And put down your snack. Seriously...you don't want to be eating while reading this blog today.
I feel like our walk right now is a wild one. We've chosen to walk a path that forces us to trust God at every turn. But, as I walk through the world, I sometimes allow unhealthy things into my life. What are those things? Gossip, Anger, Bitterness, Insecurity, Jealousy, etc...
I've found that if I don't purge those things from my life once in a while that they have a tendency to make my walk a little weaker...a little less effective. How do I purge these things? Only with the help of God. His perfect word, true worship, servanthood...
So, my prayer for all of us today is that we'll have a little Spiritual Diarrhea. :) I pray that God will remove from our walk the things that drag us down and weaken our faith. And, in this cleansing process, I pray that God will strengthen our resolve to serve Him and open our eyes to eternal things.
Drink your gatorade, peeps! And in all seriousness...I hope you avoid actual stomach bugs. :)
Love and Vitamin C,
jill
To Diarrhea; Amen! :)
ReplyDelete