background
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Surprise!!!
Just kidding! :) This object is, however, the inspiration for my blogpost tonight. I was out mowing my "rental" yard tonight. We happen to be positioned right off of a very busy road. Those of you that live near a road can attest to the fact that strange things end up in your yard. And, don't tell my husband...but I tend to mow right over most items. Sorry, city of ours...the flags you put out...GONE. Sorry innocent bystanders...watch out for the flying pinecones. Well, tonight was no exception. I was out near the road and my mower rolled right over something and quite effectively chucked it out the other side in several pieces. "Oh, man." I thought. One of these days my luck really will run out and I'll take something in that does not come out the other side. I looked down to investigate the latest casualty and it actually made me let go of my mower. It was a pregnancy test. I have no idea if it was positive or negative. I ruined it. But that's not the point. The point is...who chucks a pregnancy test out the window of a car into a yard along the road? Ok...personal and possibly disturbing story to follow: I kept all of my positive pregnancy tests. I'm pretty sure that I relished them with the same intensity that most men hold onto their high school football trophies. These tests signified the first steps into motherhood, and the second, and the third, and the fourth..I digress...
Interestingly, my positive pregnancy tests became the joke of the day after the tornado. They were in the Master bathroom closet during the tornado. Somehow, they ended up in my mother's possession. She called me a few days after the tornado and said, "by the way...I have some of your personal items." I'm wondering if these are old...or if you have some news you'd like to share with us." Yikes. They are now safely back in my possession. In a tornado protected box...along side all of my questionable underwear. My point is this: I treasured my pregnancy tests. And the ones that were negative...well, those were treated with respect as well and disposed of in a private way. Which brings me back to wondering who would throw a pregnancy test out the window while driving by. The obvious answer...someone that doesn't want to be pregnant. So, God permeated my heart once again today toward his children. The women caught by surprise with pregnancy and the babies they carry were heavy on my heart. That is why we are still pursuing adoption. That is why God's heartbeat hasn't changed. Thanks, God. You gave me just the push I needed to keep moving forward in this journey. and just so you know...the empty bottle of Jack Daniels did not speak to me the same way. We're good! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

lol! I adore your attitude! Still praying for peaceful nights.
ReplyDeleteJack Daniels ha larious! I feel sad for that girl/woman who owned that test. I pray she makes the right decision concerning this precious child.Saw your mom today...she is a sweetie!!
ReplyDeleteI still have all mine too...
ReplyDeleteTrisch =]
Oh Jill! Love this post friend. Love you!
ReplyDeleteOoops. So that's where it went. Uh, V and I have something to tell you guys.......There! Consider that payback for when I first saw the picture and about called you before reading "just kidding".
ReplyDeleteAlso, why are you drinking Jack Daniel's whilst mowing the yard? I know you hate mowing, sis, but isn't that a bit over the edge? Just call me next time. I'm tame.....I merely sniff glue when I do my yard work. Wait...we don't have a yard...wait, why am I sniffing this glue?
;P
Love ya, fool!
--Rick the MIGG
Bahahaha! Jill, while I LOOOOOVE being your neighbor, being the neighbor of a HS Principal needs its own insurance rider! :) From condoms, feminine products, pregnancy tests & jack daniels.....I would like to think we have seen it all. ;)
ReplyDeleteMy best guess; a teenager who was trying to get rid of evidence before getting home to her parents. And yet, God's reminder to you that your going to be a mommy AGAIN! :) Be patient and wait on him and embrace his 'reminders'. Although, if someone could shed some light on what the condom in the yard meant, I'm all ears........LOL Look, did anyone ever say God didn't have a sense of humor!?