| healing! |
| Yes. We finally let him write on the walls. |
| And then they knocked the walls down. |
| Seriously, ladies...does it get any sexier than this? |
| garage wall - optional. :) |
| Does this need a caption? I am incredibly blessed! |
1. Yesterday I mowed the yard at our rental home. I played my usual game of 'try to beat the rain'. I won! Then I realized that I have two yards now...So, I actually lost. :) Go ahead and laugh Trisch and Sherry!
2. I made a cake for someone. That felt AWESOME!
3. I also made my family's favorite dinner...Calzones. Upon seeing the dough rising, B asked what we were having for dinner. I told him and he made the statement, "Mom, that's great! You're finally making dinner again!" I got a small glimpse of how much he is craving our old routine.
4. I talked to my mom and it brightened my whole day. I was reminded of how amazingly blessed I am to call her my mom and my friend! She can read me better than anyone in the world!!
5. We all sat around the table and laughed...really laughed at dinner. It was the first time we have all been that relaxed since the tornado. It felt "normal". And no...I didn't lace the calzones with muscle relaxers. :)
6. Went to a 31 party last night (super cute bags and totes) and was reminded of how much women need each other.
7. We played musical beds again. Unfortunately, this is normal now too.
8. My super amazing friend and her husband are watching our boys tonight so we can go on a date. I have a new sundress to wear and I think I'll step it up on the make-up and hair. Gotta knock my husband's socks off! This feels familiar and wonderful.
9. But first, I'm going to have to figure out how to get my feet back to their normal color. They are bright green, because I mowed the grass yesterday in flip flops. That is anything but normal!
10 Through all of this, my faith is intact. God is continuing to speak to my heart and I have peace. I don't have all the answers. I still have many questions. But, each day I am getting a reassurance that He hasn't changed and that He is still writing our story.
LOVE IT!! and the pic of Rod would be sexier if it were Doug - but it's pretty close!
ReplyDelete"Gotta knock my husband's socks off!"- I know you will friend, enjoy tonight!! If you get this in time, use lemon juice to remove the green from your feet:)
ReplyDeleteClary...thank you for your brilliant advice! I'm off to lemon-ize my feet. Love you!
ReplyDeleteAhhh...Yes! You riding the rider at full speed in the rain is so familiar! :) This makes me smile!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
so glad to see you had a great day, hope your date went just as fab! I love your Mom and you sound so much like her. Those boys are going to be some lady killers...so cute! Have a great weekend. We are continuing to lift you in prayer. It may be the first time I have prayed for the riddance of green feet! haha
ReplyDeleteLove the scar/stiches picture. I now have a twin with matching scars (well, on a different part of the head). A good friend texted me saying that the scar on my head will ALWAYS be a reminder of God's healing grace in my life. Now you have a reminder too!
ReplyDeleteoooh, can I also join Trisch and Sherry in laughter? I always did the mowing back home. It was 9 acres (maybe more like 7, but dad would find more and make it last all day). So that's a bit of returned karma for me..hehe. There is really no such thing as normal. Besides, you have a new perspective of normal......but when you start popping out the comedy gold, I know my sis is alright. Love you!
ReplyDelete--Rick the M.I.G.G.