background

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beloved

Read this scripture first: 1 John 3:1-2
 1See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.  2Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Okay, so I heard this awesome sermon yesterday on BOTT radio.  We all know by now that I am a serious talk radio freak...But, this one hit me right where I needed it, so I wanted to share it with you.  The pastor sharing this message referenced how he loves many people.  But, his deepest love is reserved for his wife only.  He went on to explain that God loves the world.  In John 3:16, we can read that God loved the world so much that he sent his son to die.  That is a pretty deep love.  BUT........ he holds an even different kind of love for his followers.  He has an even deeper love for his "beloved".  I am His beloved.  He knows that I am His.  He doesn't have to win me over.  I am holding my hands open and raised giving Him my life...my will...my everything.  I am His beloved.  I am His child.  I don't know about you...but that definitely gives me some perspective.  To me, that means that God is dwelling so close to me, that He is in control of every aspect of my life and that I can trust Him.  God knows that I am trying to live in obedience.  He knows that our hearts are open to His will for us.  I don't have to worry about disappointing Him.  I am His Beloved.

When Hubby and I fight (yes, hard to believe!  haha) I have a go-to move.  I run away.  I have been known to hide in the bathroom, go take a walk etc... Over the years, it has gotten much better.  But Hubby is a wonderful husband.  He doesn't let the space remain.  He lovingly works it out with me...he doesn't let me run.  We made a commitment to each other almost fourteen years ago that no matter what, we would never quit.  With God's help, we are keeping that commitment. I think this is a great example of God's view of me as His Beloved.  When I hit a stress wall and I'm tempted to turn away from God, He lovingly calls me back by reminding me of His love for me and He works in my heart to soften it.  Several years ago, I made a commitment to Christ that He would be Lord of my life and that I would never go back to my old sinful life.  With God's help, I am keeping that commitment.  This is such a work in progress.  But, knowing that God doesn't just love me, I am His BELOVED, makes me see things in a different light.  Now, I just need to be patient while God shares His plans with His beloved child.

1 comment: