Yes. This is weather related.
No. You don't have to read it.
I'm really struggling today. Anxiety is high. I already know that I don't need to be afraid. I have God's word hidden in my heart. And I know all the things I should be saying and feeling. But, my brain isn't cooperating with the logic. A friend mentioned PTSD after my last blog. PTSD? "Ain't nobody got time for that!" She's probably right. And no. I'm not dealing with it. I wanted to keep my kids home from school today. I didn't. I drove past the Culver's sign today and I swear I saw "Grilled Cheese and TORNADO soup. ummm, maybe it said tomato.
The problem is:
When I see this:
It reminds me of this:
And then I think about this:
Troy, Illinois - EF2 Tornado
A National Weather Service Storm Survey Team investigated storm damage in Troy in Madison County, Illinois from the storms that occurred on February 27th. It was determined that a tornado touched down on Weathervane Road on the west side of town at approximately 11:45 PM. It was there that the tornado was at its strongest, an EF2, as it completely removed the roof from a well constructed home. One occupant received a serious head laceration and was treated at a local hospital. The tornado moved eastward at 60 mph, with a damage wath of 100 to 200 yards wide. The tornado continued to near the intersection of North Dewey Street and East Clay Street, where it lifted at approximately 11:48 PM. The path length was 2.5 miles long.
Which takes me back to this:
So, sorry for the melodrama. :( But that day defines me a little. Even though the scars have healed and I now look like this:
Stay with me, friends. I need you today.



praying for you sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteAlways thinking of you sweetie.
ReplyDeleteEvery storm brings strong prayers when it comes to my girl & her family. I remember too & I wish I could take the pain & memories upon myself instead of you. However, I am here when you want or need to talk. I love you & I am so proud of how brave all of you are!! Through it all you have trusted God, just keep on trusting. You have mentioned to me several times, "God's got your back." He had you in the palm of His hand then & you are still there now.
ReplyDelete