background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Waiting...

I don't like waiting!  Who does?  What are you currently waiting for?  A relationship?  School to end?  Vacation? A pregnancy?  A baby?  Marriage? A raise?  A job?  A new house?  A new car?
We spend a lot of our time waiting.
It made me think...
What do we do while we're waiting?
I am currently waiting for China to approve our adoption.  I am waiting to travel to China with my husband to adopt our daughter.  It will realistically be at least August before that happens.
I could drive myself crazy checking statistics on timelines.  I could count the days I've been waiting.  But, what good will that do me?  Don't get me wrong.  I am jumping out of my skin excited about going after our little one.  But, I don't want to wish away today.

Today, I got to enjoy four unique kiddos.  I got to see them interact with each other.  I got snuggles!!!  We took a slow and delicious walk together as a family.  For the PG viewers, I got to "make out" with my husband.  Older viewers..."wink, wink"
I learned lessons about what God is doing in my heart.  I spoke with dear friends.  I had the awesome opportunity to invest in some amazing teenagers.  I ate cake...twice!  I got to enjoy memories made with my mama the day before.  And I am getting ready to end the day by climbing the stairs of my home and snuggling down with my hubby before he has to leave again for work.

Today was an ordinary day.  But, I soaked it up.  I didn't wish it away.  The China approval will come....someday.  And when it does, I will know that every day that I waited was a day truly lived.

So, my encouragement to you as you wait...for whatever it is you are waiting for...is to soak up the ordinary days.  Don't wish them away.  Make them count! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment