background
Saturday, March 10, 2012
To my daughter,
Dear E,
It is late here. I am sitting alone in the study and I just finished watching your video for the thousandth time. You are on my mind constantly. I studied every move you made on that thing...trying to grab a glimpse of who you are. You are beautiful. And you cry a lot. That makes me a little nervous about gotcha day! :) It is sometimes difficult to be over here signing paperwork when you are over there having all of your "firsts". I am sad that I'm missing your babyhood.
I know that you have no idea that we are coming. You have no idea that we pray for you every day and that you have four big brothers that have already made a place for you in their hearts. You haven't seen the pictures of you that are already displayed throughout this home. And you could never begin to understand how much I ache to hold you. God is weaving you into the fabric of our family and you're still half a world away. But, I pray that your heart will be open to us. Even though you won't understand why you have to leave one life to join another...
I pray that even now, God is preparing you for us. I pray that you will attach to us and that you will know right away how much we love you.
The majority of the paperwork is finished. The thick packet that tells the story of us is on its way to you. I am tracking it across the US and into your birth country. Each day that passes now will bring us one day closer to you.
Your paperwork will state that you were abandoned in a shed. That couldn't be farther from the truth. You were created by God. He never left your side. He protected you from infection and death in the first days of your life. He ensured that you were found and that you got the surgery you needed. In the days before your birth, we walked out of church and your daddy looked me in the eyes and said, "I felt the Holy Spirit move me." "No more talking about it...we have to start the process." That was the day we started praying for "YOU". One week later, you were born and our journey to you began. This has been a story filled with joy and heartache. It has not been an easy journey. But, when people see the resolve we have to keep going, I hope they know that there really was no other choice. In a broken and sinful world, God writes beautiful stories of redemption and hope. Your story is close to my heart, because it reminds me of the depth of love and the resolve of God's pursuit of me. As I go to sleep tonight, I will be praying for you. I love you, sweet baby girl. And I can't wait to attack those cheeks with a thousand kisses. (and let your hair grow out!....why are they shaving your head?) Don't worry, I'll bring bows with me when I come after you! :)
Love you!
Love,
Mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to meet her! :)
ReplyDelete;)
ReplyDeleteShe is so very blessed already to have a wonderful family love her so unconditionally! I can't wait to see you all together!
ReplyDeleteWOW Jill!!!! Do you realize you said "my daughter"! After all of those AMAZING boys you get to say DAUGHTER!!!!!I am so proud of your determination and look at the precious blessing that you will soon be holding in your arms! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING!!!! SO SO excited for you guys!!! My heart overlows!! Love you guys!!! Continue to pray for you all!
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully said by a loving mama! I too am getting excited with you. Can't wait to wrap my arms around our little princess! That's not to take anything away from those awsome "princes" that live in your home. Nana loves them more than words can say! Still praying for God's timing. Love you!!
ReplyDeletepraying for your family!
ReplyDelete