background

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, I am in love with pink.  I had no idea how many shades of pink there are.  For years, my life was dark blue, light blue, medium blue.  But now.....my senses are filled with pink.  Did you know there is a whole other section at retail stores dedicated to pink?  I'd never noticed things like flowers and lady bugs.  When we started this journey of adoption, all I could see was a child.  Obviously, if given the choice, we'd like to experience parenting a daughter.  But, I never really went beyond that.  I didn't think about how different girls are than boys.  But now I'm thinking about ballet and dolls and dresses and mommy/daughter stuff.  I feel like I'm trying to hold a ball under water sometimes.  It will still be several months before we welcome her home.  But I can't help it.  I have caught the fever.  So, I made my first pink purchase.  PAINT.  We are painting her room pink.  I love it!  And then my second purchase for her came quickly after.  It is the softest, pinkest, most girly blanket I've ever seen.  I just want to hold it and think about her.
My husband thinks I've lost my mind a little.  Although, I see the excitement in his eyes too.  We have so much work to do before she can come home.  We have more paperwork to file, more waiting on the government, more money to save.  But, I know the time will fly by quickly.  And the nesting helps me during this waiting time.
Hubby and I were able to have a date on Sunday night.  It was so warm that we went for a walk around a pond and park near our home.  It was wonderful to hold hands and talk uninterrupted.  We laughed and reminisced.  We reconnected.  It was awesome.  He remarked that the times he feels most alive in his walk with Christ is when we are doing things that require great faith.  It is true.  The mundane of life can take over.  I think that we all are searching for those journeys of faith.  But we sometimes fill the desire too quickly with shopping, eating, and carnal desires.  Can someone please pass me another diet coke and a peanut butter chocolate bar?  Thanks!  We are all searching for the next great thing.  But, it is only fulfilling when it is the next great "God" thing!  I know our journey will continue to require God's patience and grace.  I'm sure the temper tantrum I threw at the feet of the creator last week will not be my last.  I will continue to need his encouragement and his love to see this thing through.  And when we're home with her and parenting five kids through this crazy life, we're going to need him even more!
Our eleven year old son was on a Scouting camping trip from Friday through Sunday.  My six year old cried because he missed his brother.  The whole weekend felt "off" without that certain personality mixed in.  It just felt...well, wrong.  When he got home on Sunday night, I thought I would feel relieved.  I kept saying to my husband that I couldn't wait until all of our kids were under the same roof again.  But, that can't be true right now.  My heart will rest on the evening when I can make the rounds and see five sweet sleeping children safely in their beds.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that while four of them are resting under blankets covered in basketballs, baseballs, and footballs....one of them will be snuggling something PINK!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Pink, it's a good thing! Praying for you and your sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I love this post! And don't forget about bows! She needs lots of pink bows added to everything sweet and spice and everything nice! I love you Jill!

    ReplyDelete