background

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choi







Happy Chinese New Year!!  We are entering into the year of the Rabbit.  During the last "year of the Rabbit", I became a mom for the first time.  During this year of the Rabbit, I'm hoping to become a mom to a daughter for the first time. :)  We celebrated as a family tonight.  I worked with the boys to make some colorful Chinese lanterns.  After which, my Chinese husband informed me that lanterns aren't really a New year thing...more of an Autumn Moon Festival thing.  Well, since I don't have time to whip up a dragon or lion costume, lanterns it is! Hubby made some delicious Mu Shu.  And we all sat around enjoying a fun evening meal together.  As usual, our conversation ended up on a sister that is half a world away.  The kids wondered what she was doing right now.  And I reminded them that if things progress like they are supposed to, she will be here with us for our celebration next year.  Wow!  That gives me chills to type it.
Hubby is putting the last of the four kids to bed. Our plan is to have a little date tonight.  I made brownies.  Yes, I know brownies are not traditional Chinese fare...but I am, after all, American.  :)
Another snow day tomorrow.  Yes, my kids have only been to school one day this week.  As much as they drive me crazy when they fight, these are days that I am storing up and treasuring in my heart.  There will be a day when they are spread out all over the world.  I certainly do LOVE having them all under one roof.
Good night and Happy New Year!  I'm off to love on my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your sweet little girl will be so blessed to be a Winslow. I can't wait to meet her and hug and kiss her!!!!!!!! Esther asks me every day if you have your baby yet.

    ReplyDelete