There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman with this title. The lyrics follow: "When love takes you in, everything changes. A miracle starts with the beat of a heart. When love takes you home and says you belong here, the loneliness ends and a new life begins."
This song makes me cry.
I know we must look like a crazy crew sometimes. Our clothes don't always match. Our hair might not be brushed. And our house is usually a disaster. But, we are FAMILY! And in this family, there is no distinguishing between "born from my body" and "born from my heart". These little people are my life. And when I see them together, my heart feels something big. God took four unique and beautiful little boys and crafted their hearts to care for the lonely. He grew four little souls in a way that allowed them to look at a small girl from China and say, "You belong here!"
This abundant love makes me cry.
We all know the story. Even if we've never been to church...we know the story. God came to earth as a baby to live a perfect life and die OUR death. But, what do we do with that? Accept the gift! Absolutely! But, what is our response? My only response to this level of sacrifice is to give my life back. My dreams are replaced with His Will. My desires are replaced with His heartbeat.
My prayer is that I will do this...every day. I have the amazing opportunity to serve with every breath I breathe. I ask God to give me the obedience to act when He prompts.
I have so far to go. There are so many rough edges that need smoothed. So many lessons to be learned. So many areas of my life that need refinement.
But today, the lesson was in gratefulness...and belonging...and love. And it was a beautiful lesson!
We are going to miss you guys so much!!! I'm indescribably grateful to be able to count you as my friend! Robert is blessed to have Zach as his"brother". Thank you for being in our lives. God knew what he was doing when he sent Essie to your family. She's a perfect addition! We love you!!
ReplyDelete