What a difference a week makes. Grace is still very much on my mind. I inquired about her tonight and it would appear that she is showing small improvements in many areas, but not in the ways that we hope. The amazing doctors are still trying to figure out the root of her challenges. I do have peace that we made the "right" decision for our family. I had a wonderful and long talk with our social worker tonight and she is planning to finish our homestudy for International adoption. I'm telling you...most of the time this feels like the most bi-polar experience in the world. Up one day and down the next. But, tonight I have hope in my heart that we will see this journey through. Just to be clear, though...On Friday when the reporters are giving us a 1 in 3200 chance of being hit by space junk...I'll be hiding somewhere safe. I'm not living in fear. I've just realized that statistics haven't exactly been on my side lately. :)
Last night it felt like we got a bit of our groove back. Hubby came home from work and our contractor was here putting some finishing touches on the house. I had co-oped in D-Dog's classroom, made dinner, helped everyone through homework and got them all packed up for their various adventures. Noodle had football practice, Z had his first middle school dance (the principal said it resembled a "stand" more than a "dance".) And hubby and I raced off to our small group study with the youngest boys before making the rounds to pick everyone up. By the time we crashed into bed, I remarked at how wonderful it felt to have a night like that. Yes, to some, it may sound insane. But, to me it felt amazing. It was full of life, noise, and laughs. After the few months that we've had, I've really redefined what "calmer seas" look like. I'm a lot more relaxed than I used to be. I am soaking up every detail of my kids and trying to live inside of every moment. I LOVE being with them. Tonight, hubby went to a baseball game. The kids and I sat down and watched the X factor while devouring a box of Oreos. Who knew we could collectively put away an entire bag of those things. YIKES! Bad mommy!
I've faced some difficult days lately. I've been challenged on what we've been called to do. But, my resolve is stronger than ever. Hubby and I are on the same page. We cling to Jesus during the storms, and we renew our faith in calmer waters. I'm just so grateful that God has given us the courage to get out of the boat and try a little water walkin'. What about you? Are you willing to get your butt out of the boat and walk in faith toward Jesus? He has so much he wants to do in your life. I can't guarantee that you'll get a tornado or a tumor...but you'll get a super wild ride. And I can promise you that you wouldn't trade it for any other life!
No comments:
Post a Comment