I mean, how did he capture such a pensive look on our little pup's face? And don't get me started on the lighting.
So, Toby kind of has a secret power. He has the ability to sense when someone is sick or hurt. I know, I know, you are reading this thinking…"Jill. My dog/cat/horse/gerbil/hamster/snake/gecko can do the same thing. But seriously, this dog is like Dr. Quinn medicine
I am a bit paranoid by nature. But, I have been the benefactor of Toby's compassion. Lately, I have noticed that he has been following me around like a stalker. At first, I was thinking maybe my new lotion had a kind of bacon smell to it. But, no…that wasn't it. I tried faking him out by running out of the room and hitting up a different room of the house. But that mammal followed me through the house. I'll lay down in my bed and that crazy thing will wander upstairs and park himself on my side of the bed.
OK. For full disclosure, I should mention that I have another tumor. Remember the tumor they found right after the tornado under my ear? Well, I have another one on my back. The first one was benign. I'm hoping (and my doctor assures me) that this one will be benign too. But, Toby has me freaked out! I mean, I have quietly pulled him aside and told him not to worry. I have yelled from behind a closed door, "IT'S BENIGN, YOU FREAK!" My family assures me that it is all in my head. They claim that he follows them too. I'm pretty sure this is a lie since I've been charting how often he ends up by each person in our family. I'll let you know what comes of the newest tumor. I have an appointment on Monday.
See what happens when God takes away my stupid television??? I have more time to blog about weird things like my paranoia and my dog's secret powers. I am obviously off my rocker!
Oh, and for those of you savvy with the world of streaming television, when you cancel your subscription you still have the content until your billing cycle is complete. So, I've been on this journey of holiness and my family has been binge watching 24 like sugar addicts in a candy store.
I'll leave you with this captivating waste of time while I go read my book. And no, I didn't add the "Orange is the New Black" memoir to my kindle list. Although, I totally thought about it. I mean, it was a free ebook rental from the library. No. I'm reading a book about orphanages in China and an organization called Half the Sky. It is a better fit for me right now.
Also (and this is quite possibly the only good content in this blog post) I want to say thank you to those of you that reached out and shared your struggles with me. It encouraged me more than you will ever know. It showed me that we all have different things that pull our hearts away from Jesus. But, we are all completely loved and cherished by him. He will keep pursuing us. More on that later. Only because I can't possibly mesh my dog and Jesus in the same post.
Love and all that jazz,
jill

No comments:
Post a Comment