background

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Unhinged!

Yes!  last night I lost it!  Unhinged doesn't even cover it!  I'm pretty sure I started yelling about socks littering the floor, pee all over the bathroom, book bags and lunch boxes strangling the life out of my very bones.

Oh, who was I yelling at?  Anyone that would listen.  Which left me and my tirade alone in the kitchen.  All the smart people jumped ship and ran to their rooms.  Except my poor husband.  He grabbed the mop bucket in a brave attempt to end my one act play.  Way to take one for the team, honey!

Have you ever had the feeling that you KNEW you were acting crazy and that you'd regret it in four minutes...but you kept going anyway?  Yeah...that was me!

Of course, I knew why I was acting crazy!  It was carefully explained to me a few hours earlier.  Chaos...Noise...

My life is full of it.

Some of it should be kept and some of it should exit the building.  (I know what you're thinking....and the kids get to stay!)

But, I have to say...when I shamefully descended from my soapbox, there were words of truth running through my head.

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Those were the words Jesus offered.

And last night, they were my lifeline.  

I am weary.  I am tired.  I need rest.

Do you need rest?  

I want to invite you to be my guest this morning.  I'll even serenade you with a lovely song when you get there.  Well, rock and roll song is first...slow refreshing song is last. ;)

Come and find out the key to real REST!  

Metro Community Church
9am and 10:45am today
www.metrocommunitychurch.com

I can't wait to see you.  And if you have a surefire solution to bathrooms that smell like the urinal at Busch Stadium, PLEASE, people...stop holding out on me!!!!!

Love and all that stuff,
jill

No comments:

Post a Comment