As Thanksgiving approaches, my heart is completely focused on a treasure that will NEVER lose its appeal. It will never be pushed to the back of a drawer. This treasure is my daughter. Of course, I view all of my kids as treasures. But, for obvious reasons, the newest member of our family is part of a journey that has forever changed me.
I watched the video "Half the Sky" yesterday while snuggling my sick little girl. It is a tough documentary to watch, but so good. It puts life into perspective! I encourage you to see it. It physically hurts my heart to think about what Essie's life would be like if we hadn't adopted her.
So, while I would like to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving...I also want to challenge your heart to be on the lookout this season for "Treasures in Heaven."
Matthew 6:19-21
“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
| My Treasure |
Great reminder, Jill! Your treasure chest is truly stuffed to the top! :-) Happy Thanksgiving! We're celebrating on Sunday when Dad (and maybe Mom) come through.
ReplyDelete