background

Saturday, July 21, 2012

MY WATER BROKE!!...i think

I couldn't have planned for yesterday to be any more amazing than it was!  My parents were in town and we met my brother and sis-in-law for lunch.  As we were sitting and stuffing onion blossom into our mouths with true abandon, my mom asked me about travel approval. "It is probably too soon to expect it", I said.  "I mean, everything has taken so long in this process.  Since I haven't heard from them yet today, it probably won't come until maybe next week."
As we were finishing up the meal, D-Dog was playing with my phone and he handed it to me.  "You're getting a call, mom."  he said.  As I accepted the phone, my eyes landed on the caller id.  It was the area code of our agency.  Could it be???  So soon???
Our agency confirmed that our TA (travel approval) had arrived in the office and we could now request a consulate appointment.  Unfortunately, in order to get back in time for hubby's work deadline, we have to return by Aug. 12.  So, that means our travel could happen VERY quickly...or be delayed until after his deadline passes.  We are pursuing the "very quickly" route right now.  Our agency has requested consulate dates for Aug. 6-9.  We'll know by Monday morning if we have a confirmed appointment for that week.  If that happens, we will leave next week.  We have so much to do.  I just printed and filled out medical consent forms for our families and we are working through the travel arrangements.  Please continue to pray for this journey.  We trust that God has every detail covered.  And we know He is good.  We just want Him present in EVERYTHING.
Thank you to all of our amazing friends and family. We can't wait to share this next part of the journey with you.  We know exactly how blessed we are to have each of you in our lives!  God has blessed us greatly.  Our hope is that others will see this story and it would prompt them to jump off a cliff and into the faithful arms of God.  Even in the stuff we don't understand, He is there.  Even when it is too dark to see, He is there.  Even in the moments when our minds are spinning and we're freaking out because we are about to change our family forever...He is there!
God has known Esther since her body began to be formed in her mama's body.  I am humbled to think that God's plan for Essie's life includes our family.  It includes YOU.  I, for one, can't wait to see this story unfold!!!
Love you, friends!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you love. Can't say it enough. Your dream, your family's dream, and her dream has came through! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news!! So happy for all of you. I will continue to pray and pray!!

    ReplyDelete