Got up early, made hubby's lunch. Helped Z through a wardrobe crisis. Walked on eggshells until I could get that crabby boy on the bus. Watched hubby fly out the door...on to another day of wild work. Cleaned up the house, the dog ran away, mom called on her way down to the dentist with a tooth emergency. Talked and prayed with a friend. The dog is still gone. I showered and put on the only pair of jeans that fit my butt. Decided not to bother with the hair. Really...how many windy days are we going to have? Made lunch for D-Dog and I. Edited some pictures, checked email and Facebook. Left to take D-dog to school...still no dog. Took hubby's coat to the dry cleaner, looked at goodwill for jeans for Z. "Please, Jesus! Help me find some cheap jeans!" Met up with mom at target. She is in a ton of pain...on her way to a specialist. Shopped target, ran to the grocery to buy food for the week. Picked up D-Dog. Raced back home. What do you know...the dog is back. And he is covered in someone's poop. And he has a wound on his snout. Awesome! Talked to the placement agency and the home study social worker. Everything is still moving in a forward motion. Yay! Found out we might see updated pics and/or video of our girl by the end of the week. WOO HOO! Freaked out slightly about the weather. Mom and dad arrived. Mom is toast...yay for painkillers. But she still manages to peel potatoes while I struggle through math with Z. I answer four thousand "mom...mom...mom" inquiries. Help Z get ready for his activities for the night. Say goodbye to hubby again. I scored a whole 30 seconds with him. They were great. Hard to fight in such a time crunch! :) Get dinner on the table, Eat, visit with parents, send parents on their way...mom still drugged....dog still banished to the basement. Clean up, work through homework with the other three kids and finally hide in the office to write this. The night still holds baths, books, bed, etc... And then I'll breathe. :)
Weird day, huh?
Things I remembered to be thankful for today:
That I could get out of bed on my own today and that we had food.
That I have children and we have clothing for them
That we have a home (with hurricane straps)
That we have access to health care and technology
That I have healthy parents!
That I have a hard working husband!
That we are adopting
That I can pray at any time for any reason and I can trust God
That I can stay home with my kids
That my kids are smart and I get to help them with their homework
Things I am not thankful for:
The dog! :)
Try to remember in the midst of a crazy day that there are so many things to be thankful for. God has blessed us greatly with simple things that are so easy to take for granted. Go through your day...write it down. And then go back through and try to find the wonderful things that make your life beautiful!
I love this Jill, had a crazy hectic day myself and this puts in perspective...much more to be thankful for than to complain about. Big YAY about getting to see Esther in pics/video soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me that I am not the only one who goes non stop from morning until bed and then some! and helping me remember that being able to do these things are truly a blessing!
ReplyDelete